5 UX Tips To Improve Your SEO
User experience (UX) is about providing a relevant and meaningful experience for those who visit your website. It must be simple and engaging, and should serve the purpose of the user. It must not be confusing and must not consume the time and energy of the user. Here are some tips to improve SEO and optimize your website to get better results.
1. Boosting the speed of the website
As a website user, the first thing expected while being on a site is how fast it loads. The users may become impatient if the site takes too long to load. There are also tools available to check the existing speed of the site.
For example, Google Page Speed Insight tool. This tool will suggest what is consuming most of the speed and help in optimizing it. When it is optimized, the site becomes more convenient for users. Get in touch with to boost the website speed. The following things can be done to increase the speed of the website:
- Compressing the images of the site
- Optimizing the code
- Enabling CDN (Content Delivery Network).
- Enabling Cache
- Minimizing HTTPS requests
- Minifying CSS, JS, CSS files
- Reducing plugin use
- Upgrading hosting
- Changing server
2. Provide engaging content to keep the users on your website
An indicator of how much a user enjoys being on the website is the amount of time they spend on it. If they spend more time, it means that they find the content of the site interesting. They are most likely to engage in actions such as sharing or commenting. As mentioned earlier, the site’s speed is essential for users to stay on the site.
To increase the stickiness of your website, you may employ various other strategies such as:
- Providing attractive visual content (both images and videos)
- Including the brand’s story, so that the consumers know the background of the site they are using. The content can be conveyed through blogs or vlogs.
- The content should be simple to read and understand, or if it is vague, the users may come out of the site.
- To keep the user exploring the website, relevant links or older links can be included along with the new content.
- Never annoy the user by making them exposed to pop-ups and auto-play videos that bombard the user with irrelevant information. The websites must have a proper background, clear from the clutters.
3. Improving site navigation
It is always important to keep in mind that the site must provide whatever the user wants or searches for. Hence, the navigation is still to be kept in mind. Some of these tips can be used to improve navigation:
- Complex and multi-level menu items can be avoided as it leads to confusion.
- The website must provide a good mobile experience too. The mobile site navigation must be easy to use.
- The navigation menu can be included in all web pages because sometimes the users may not directly go to the site’s homepage.
- A search bar can be included so that they can type the specifics that they need to find.
- Adding headings can make the site even more accessible. Subheadings should also be used logically.
When people find it easy to navigate your website and look for what they need, it boosts the number of pages that the users visit, increasing the session duration times. This gives a better rank in search results.
4. Improve Calls To Action (CTA)
The Calls To Action (CTA) prompts the users and gives direction about what to do next. They are simple phrases that help the user to find what they want.
For example, Subscribe, sign up, add to cart, etc. So, CTA boosts the user experience. It also has an impact on SEO. It boosts the click-through rates, and hence helps in securing good ranks in search results.
You can also consider partnering with an SEO agency to improve call to action.
5. Checking the bounce rate
Sometimes people abandon the websites. It may be due to lack of speed, unrelated content, or some errors. These analytics can be studied to know the rate of bounce. That is, how many users abandon or come out of the website. The lesser the rate, the better.
If the bounce rate is high, it means that something is wrong with the website and that it needs to be rectified. The following practices can be carried out to rectify it:
- Increasing the speed of the site
- Providing high-quality content
- Focus on the background, white space, font size, relevant images, and good color contrast.
- Making the site mobile friendly
Both the User experience and Search Engine Optimization are essential for the website’s success by increasing the search engine results’ rankings.
You can view the website from the users’ perspective by spending some time in your website by navigating through it and reading the content. Through that, you can notice what is wrong and where, and then rectify it to benefit you and the users.